cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: therapy issues

thank you @Bre-RO Heart i guess its just tough all round at the moment
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Yeah that sucks, doesn't it? But I agree with what @Bre-RO has said: that it's perfectly okay to take some time open up about things. How are you looking after yourself today?

ive been watching movies and resting @Esperanza67 had some really shocking and scary news yeasterday but this thread isnt appropriate to talk about it on

That sounds nice @scared01! (The watching movies and resting bit, not the shocking and scary news, obviously haha). What movies have you been watching? I'm currently watching Zombieland on Netflix.

I'm sorry to hear the news you've heard yesterday Smiley Sad. Feel free to make a new thread to talk about the news you've received if you want to Smiley Happy. That must be so tough to handle especially with the therapy issues you're also handling at the moment Smiley Sad.

i have been watching 'The Nanny' and 'Everyone loves Raymond' and also watched garfield part 2 as well @Esperanza67

Hi @scared01!

That sounds like a really difficult situation. I'm sorry that you've been experiencing it. Smiley Sad

I echo the other ideas in this thread. These issues are definitely not your fault. I think your feelings are really relatable. I think it could be a good idea to think about the possible reasons it might not be working out for you. Would it help to write your feelings in a journal that you can show your psychologist?

It can also take a lot of time to work out if a psychologist is for you and decide how much you want to reveal to them. Sometimes, it can help to identify the main issues that you'd like to work on. I have also had to get another opinion, which recommended a therapy that was a better match for me. Would asking your GP to organise a review of your treatment be beneficial?

Well done for doing some self-care! It sounds like you have some good coping mechanisms. Smiley Happy

hey @WheresMySquishy
ive tried talking to her openly but i just dont feel i cna be very open with her not even in a journal or written form.
this is also my 6th psychologist so having to change again is quite frustating too.. ive only got 2 sessions left and then none till next year. my gp has already done the review as well and says i should continue to go but i really dont want to go

Hey @scared01 

It sounds like you aren't getting much out of therapy at the moment, and that's okay. 

It can be really hard to talk about things that cause us pain...so it's really good that you're even trying despite being unlucky in terms of finding the right therapist lately. That shows a lot of resilience. Also, it is very common to need to "fish around" for the right therapist. It can be hard to find the right one. I definitely understand how that would be frustrating though. Having to repeat your story to a new person is not fun. 

Can I ask - Do you think your psychologist isn't right for you? Or are you just not too keen on therapy at the moment? 

Also, after the two sessions are up (if you use them), how will you get support? Do you ever call free counselling services such as KHL? 

hi @Maddy-RO

to be honest I haven't really ever felt comfortable this new psychologist. ive only felt comfortable around my very first psychologist but seeing her isn't an option anymore.. I thought maybe after some time with this psychologist I would get more comfortable but it hasn't worked out that way. I do think im not keen on therapy atm though, I have to many other things to worry about and to do esp with a surgery coming up I don't really want to go to therapy as well.
I generally ring a helpline if I need to but not make it a regular thing. I find contacting them when I really need to is more beneficial then contacting them each week etc.

Hey @scared01 - I think it makes sense that you don't want to have more appointments with surgery coming up. It's good to hear that you've found helplines work for you and that you have reflected on the best way for you to utilise that service. Is there anything you do that you find "therapeutic" that isn't necessarily seeing a therapist?  For example, for me it's easier to journal my feelings than speak about them.