cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: /

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, do you think it might be a bit of curiosity? It is normal to wonder about things - if you see someone in a professional context, you may have certain assumptions about them and so it may explain your need to want to know a little bit about them. Especially with a psychologist - usually you share a lot, while they share little, if at all. I definitely think you aren't alone in being curious!

No it’s weird and I need stop stop being a freak

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime , 

I just wanted to echo what @Taylor-RO - I truly think that those curious feelings are really natural and more common than you'd think! It's a pretty intimate and personal relationship that you have with a mental health professional, and like @Taylor-RO  said in some ways it's often more of a one-way thing. So if you happen to stumble across them in the 'real' world it's totally natural that you'd be a bit curious - I have quite a few friends who are mental health professionals who run into clients out and about, and it's always a bit weird and awkward.  It sounds like you're really respectful of their boundaries and you haven't done anything to invade their privacy or make them feel uncomfortable.  We all have weird thoughts sometimes and it doesn't make you a freak. 

Check out our community activities calendar here

I shouldn’t even be having this conversation because it’s so ridiculous
and creepy why do I care so much @Janine-RO
So stupid I need to stop being a weirdo

The rational part of my brain is obviously working and saying that’s creepy and weird but the other part is so intrigued!

@Saltwaterdreamtime  I think we all have a bit of a curious side to our brains- humans are naturally curious creatures! I can honestly say you don't sound like a weirdo to me. Or maybe I'm one too haha

Check out our community activities calendar here

Yeah but the fact I can’t stop thinking about it and have the temptation to continue doing drive bys (As if that’s going to achieve anything, like why!?) is pretty messed up let’s be real @Janine-RO and the fact that I’m having those thoughts does not sit right with me

Hello @Saltwaterdreamtime , I am sorry to hear that you are feeling conflicted. I think Janine and Taylor have raised some good points as it is normal for you to have these thoughts and feel this way. You mentioned that these thoughts don't sit right with you, have you been able to use any strategies to help redirect yourself when you have been having these thoughts? Have you found any strategies that have helped you feel a bit better?

I don’t need strategies it’s not like that but thanks

hey @Saltwaterdreamtime

I just wanted to check in with how you were feeling after today - how's your night been?