Re: ways to cope with voices

@Ben-RO that sounds really good. Thanks
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Glad to hear it @redhead, when you hit random experts up for free advice, you don't always get a response though, so perhaps go see if there's someone who will do an introductory class in your area if you're reaaallly curious.  

Highlighted

@redhead Thanks for sharing your tips!

One strategy could be that when you have that 'time to listen to voices' do it in a only one place like your laundry so that this area is associated with listening to voices. I think this may be helpful as, if your bed room is the area associated with taking time ot listen to voices it could make it harder for you to sleep at night.

As @Ben-RO said, meditation sounds like a good idea. You could do a body scan, where you are slowlying bringing awareness up your body from your toes to your head. Usually this helps to disengage the langauge centres, so maybe it would help a little bit for you?

@Ben-RO I have always wondered what transendental meditation is? Heaps of people seem to like it!

@Teoni here's the thread, it has some strategies. Is there any you could give a go.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@litgym I thought you might be interested in this.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

thank you❤️ @redhead

How have I not seen this until now?! This is so awesome @redhead - thanks for reviving it! Time to add it to the Toolbox thread, and will also float it so other people can see this Smiley Happy

@lokifish this thread is close to 4 years old.

Later when my head's not as screwed I'll post a few more techniques I've heard of.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Wow @redhead this is amazing! Thank you for sharing it Smiley Happy

@redhead yeah, I do tend to periodically trawl through the forum archives, so I see a lot of old posts, but haven't seen this one Smiley Tongue

Would love to hear some more strategies when you're feeling up for sharing Smiley Happy