cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ways to cope with voices

Thank you @redhead for such a fantastic thread! 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Watch YouTube or Netflix - engaging your senses can help, especially humourous things.

Keep busy - put as much attention as you can into what you are doing and it can help to focus on something other than what they are saying.

Do puzzles/ hard mind consuming games or something (eg count back from 1000 by 7) - consuming you're focus and not giving the voices space

Hugs and spending time with loved ones - just a reminder that you are loved, you matter and that people care about you.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@annabethxchase will any of the strategies on this thread help at all with the voices and the stuff you're seeing
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead,

This comment really resonated with me: "Hugs and spending time with loved ones - just a reminder that you are loved, you matter and that people care about you." The power of connection and compassion is so valuable and I love that you have listed this as a strategy Heart

Thank you so much for adding some more strategies @redhead ! This list is going to be so helpful for so many people accessing and reading the forums Heart

@Jess1-RO it's also helped me bringing this thread back to life. I had forgotten some of the strategies and I was caught up in the delusions associated with my voices and feeling stuck.
And if this helps other people by reviving this thread I'm very glad about that.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

That's great @redheadHeart

I've just had a look at the views, and this thread has had over 1300! That's a lot of people you have supported Heart 

@Jess1-RO wow that's awesome.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead thank you for the suggestions, I've had a read through and love them, you've reminded me that puzzles usually help a lot (as well as Sudokus but I've never done one properly, I always make a mistake and then can't figure out where I went wrong..)