cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: what am i meant to do?

I feel bad for lying to my friend about how I really feel. I can't help but lie here with these thoughts and voices going off in my head. I don't get it, I had a good day, so why do I still feel suicidal.

I'm so over this....I either want it all to go away or I'd rather be dead....
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Hey @redhead

Keep trying and keep having good days. I dont know how to completely eliminate suicidal thoughts and feelings but all I can think to do is fight them with a stronger urge to live and to be positive and stay positive no matter what the thoughts and voices tell you.

Have you got some coping strategies that help when you start feeling suicidal?

@redhead I am so sorry to hear what a tough time you are going through! But you are so amazing for fighting this and still trying!

Stay strong hey, we are all worried about you and want you to stay safe!!!!

bessie94

You are worth so much more than you realise

Hi guys.

I had another admission to hospital last night. I was put on an order this time. What I don't get is that they put me under the mental health act one day and send me home the next, especially when I'm still feeling like shit. I'm not allowed to go back to hospital for at least another week now too. This is shit. Why do I bother asking for help.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead - are you feeling safe now?

I'm not an expert on the mental health act but it sounds like an advocate of some sort may be helpful for negotiating your support services. Do you have a contact within the hospital or the mental health team you can ask to clarify things for you? The Mental Health Legal Centre has an advice line available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, with more info here. The folks over at Suicide Call Back Service might have more info for you as well, and of course they are always available when you feel at risk.

@ElleBelle
I'm not on the act anymore because they sent me home.

And I'm not really feeling that safe to be honest.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Are you still staying with your friend @redhead? Can you talk to her about how you are really feeling? You can also try a webchat with the Suicide Call Back Service if you don't have credit to call. I think they will be your best bet for talking about which options for face-to-face support you have at the moment.

I left my friend yesterday morning. And I don't have internet (just a little on my phone) so I can't do web chat.

If my meds don't kick in soon or I get worse I'll ring lifeline back.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Glad to hear you have a plan in place in case you start to feel worse @redhead 

In the meantime, is there anything you can do to keep your mind otherwise occupied - watching a movie, listening to music, drawing, etc?

@redhead  I strongly encourage you to go to the doctor and tell them exactly what you are experiencing - they'll be able to help you the most through referrals to professionals.  You are not alone with these voices and it is treatable but it requires you to see the right people. 

Life may seem meaningless at the moment but hang in there and I guarantee better things are around the corner.  I'm really glad to hear that you'll call lifeline if you need to - you are self-aware and very brave.  Stay strong and things will improve.  Please continue to keep us informed