cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who's going through loss and grief

hey everyone I'm new here and a couple of mouths ago my aunty was murdered by her husband since that has happened I couldn't get the thought out of my head I don't know what to do with my grief I keep missing her everyday hoping she will come back but I think letting her go is a good thing but hard to do. whose going through a similar situation tell me ur story's. 

Re: who's going through loss and grief

Hi @I_BELIEVE_IN_HOPE, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad you've found us here on RO Forums! I think a tonne of the community can provide support around your grief. Grief is very painful, I want to thank you for sharing your Aunty's story with us. 

So understandable to miss her every day. Do you have a few close people to talk to i.e. family? People who can share memories with you?

Also just to check - have you heard of Compassionate Friends?

My stories different but I lost someone I love. I’m 23 and I lost my mum, I watche her die a painful excruciating death as cancer took over her body. I was left with guardian ship of my 12 year old brother and my dad lives in the other side of the country. I feel like I’m failing everyone and I don’t know how to manage my grief, it’s hard, it’s scary and I always have a constant knot in my stomach. I want to know how to deal with feeling so sad all the time but having to pretend I’m ok when I’m not 

hey @I_BELIEVE_IN_HOPE
I lost my dad 3 years ago, different circumstances as everyones are, but I just wanted to say I'm here if you'd like someone to talk to.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hi @ashlie,

I just responded to your other thread about your situation, it sounds like you're going through a really challenging time Smiley Sad

I know someone who went through a similar situation and they found that seeing a psychologist helped them with their grief and feeling low. Do you think this might be something that can help you?