Did you mean: 
Highlighted

24 hours is never enough.

Today I need to...

Due on...

Can we meet at this time...

Appointment here at...

Need to buy...

Our lives are filled with commitments. Whether you're working, studying or doing something else there's always plenty of things to do and remember and time limits to work with.

So how do you make sure you stay organised and on top of it all? Time management! 

We all have strategies that work best for us. Some like to-do lists, others schedules, other people  use a calendar or diary and some like to just  use their memory. These activities are intended to help us stay focused, know what we need to do and work out when we can fit in what we'd like to do.  An important outcome of being organised is that we can also schedule in some time-out when we need it to relax and reorganised our minds.

But why is it important to stay organised? What benefits are there to time management?

I know from experience that being unorganised can lead to extra stress and really impact on mood and how well I do at uni and my other commitments such as volunteering.

This Monday 27th of May at 8pm AEST come join us to discuss time management and what works for you and what doesn't! We'll also be looking at what you can do when you're feeling stressed or just unorganised.

If you want to do some reading before the session there's a few fact sheets about time management  and 'me time':

http://au.reachout.com/Managing-Your-Time

http://au.reachout.com/Me-time

Highlighted

Re: 24 hours is never enough.

Hey everyone! Smiley Happy

Welcome to tonight’s getting real session on Time Management. Facilitating tonight’s session will be Magga, Rosie and I.

We’ll be discussing all about Time Management, why some find it easy whilst others struggle and how it can impact our lives.

As always if anything in tonight’s session upsets you in any way there’s an emergency help tab in the top right hand corner which we urge you to use. Also keep in mind that we want to keep this discussion safe for everyone so try to stick to the community guidelines.  

So to start us off here's the first question: What is time management? Why is it important?

Highlighted

Evening all! Looking forward to the discussion tonight Smiley Happy My time management has been poor lately so I definitely need a refresher!

What is time management? Why is it important?

To me time managment is how you use, prioritise and manage your time. It's important so that you have enough time to complete the things you need to within a certain time frame (hello assignments!), so you can be productive and so you can balance work and leisure time.

Highlighted

To me, time management is keeping track of everything I have to do and making time to get them all done. It's important because...well, if I didn't do it, I'd never get anything done!

Edit - Just saw DD's post, and I agree! It's great for strikiing the balance between work and play. Welcome, by the way Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Welcome DD! Smiley Happy
Great answer! I definitely resonated with the assignment deadline part! 

Highlighted

What is time management? Why is it important?

I think for me time management is about being purposeful withyour time. It's not about cramming in as much into your day as you can, it's about looking at the things you have to do and planning when and how you will do them, so that you don't end up with a bunch of competing priorities and no time!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

Thanks guys! Alrighty, next question...

In what situations or places would time management be useful? Are there any times when time management might not be possible/useful?

Highlighted

Good Q!

I think stuff like study and work obviously need a lot of time management, but I think there's also a lot of room for being organised in your personal life.

For example, I always try to fit in some time to read my book, and i always want to have a few hours each morning or night with nothing in them, so I cn just chill out and unwind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

Times you don't need time management: HOLIDAYS!

And still, I rise.
Highlighted

In what situations or places would time management be useful? Are there any times when time management might not be possible/useful?

I think it can be applied to all sorts of areas of our lives- study, work, family commitments, other life commitments such as scheduling in appointments, etc. I'm not sure about places not to use it though.