cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to school, to prove I'm no fool

LOVE it or HATE it the summer holidays have come to an end and school is back in session!

The school year always starts the same, as we’re ushered out of our beds and house and into the cars and school buses. As we get closer and closer till we take our first step through the school gates we run through the mixed bag of feelings and emotions in our head: the excitement of catching up with friends after the long summer break; the dread of homework; the hope of being in the same class as friends and the anxiety of meeting new people.

The start of school can be a complex flurry of emotions as we begin to settle into a new school, year or class. Often many of us begin to worry as the excitement dies down and questions begin to plague our head about who we will be sitting with, who will we be hanging out with, how strict is the new teacher and how hard will the new content be? This can turn the new school year into a very nerve wracking and stressful time.

Join us on Monday at 8PM AEST to share with us your excitement, joy and fears of starting the new school year and how to manage the stress 

8PM AEDT 2013 RIGHT HERE

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: Back to school, to prove I'm no fool

Welcome everyone to our GR session tonight

We will be discussing returning back to school and the amazing facilitators are michine, Sophie and myself , JJR. Tonight we are going to be talking about going back to school, and share experiences regarding stating and coping well at school.

If you feel upset at all during the discussion remember that there are people you can talk to. See the emergency Help tab in the top right corner of this page (the yellow one). Also keep the Community Guidelines in mind so that we can keep the discussion on track and useful for everyone. 

We will close the forum at the end of the discussion but if you have any unanswered queries please contact the RO crew on crew@reachout.com or follow these links.

So to start you off What are some highlights of you summer holidays.

Welcome everyone!

For most of this summer holiday I was stuck at work but managed to escape for a couple of weeks! I went to the driving range quite a few times to learn how to swing a club and ate out a looot with friends. I also caught up on the summer block busters lile the hobbit and life of pi.

Hola!!! I gotta say the highlight of my summer was getting out of the city over New Years and going to the beach!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey guys!

What are some highlights of you summer holidays?

I went to Adelaide for a week in January Smiley Happy Also going to the movies with friends, catching up on holiday reading and just being able to relax and not worry about school Smiley Happy

hello and welcome Lokifish!
you said you did some reading, what kind of stuff do you like reading?

Hey Lokifish!!

That sound's like a great holidays, nothing better than being able to just completely relax forget all about school Smiley Happy

Hey everyone Smiley Happy

What are some highlights of your summer holidays?

Going to the movies, catching up with family and friends, warm weather, CHRISTMAS Smiley Very Happy, being able to go swimming and having more time to do things Smiley Happy

Hello everyone, I hope that you're all swell tonight!!

What are some highlights of you summer holidays. Well... My 'summer holidays' started in the Summer of 2011 (because I'm an oldie) had a gap year and I get back into the education next week. So (other than the working bit) it's been a long holiday (or at least I like to see it like that Smiley Tongue )
ANYWAY the highlights would be getting my kitten (seem silly, but he is a very important part of the family), travelling to Fiji, workshops and organising/creating my O week costumes.

welcome