cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Back to skewl... to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

I hope we aren't hypeing it up and then leaving you disappointed when you do them. But they are really great, as long as you have good lecturers and tutors. 

If its a subject you like and the staff are good, then you can do well and enjoy anything you put your mind to.

Highlighted

@unrealreality  I can relate to the assessments and not wanting to know the feedback.

I think alot of people can relate to the stress of our education, and it sure does take a lot out of us!! including our social life

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Highlighted

Completely agree with you @unrealreality . Psych and soc aren't for everybody. Everyone has something that they are interested in. The tricky bit is realising what that is! It took me a couple of years to work out what I wanted to do! And it wasn't something I could just decide, I had to test the waters and do quite a few subjects before I decided on Psych and sociology Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

I couldn't agree more!

@Learn-to-fly wrote:
Another big bummer is buying textbooks for Uni they add up fast :/

Highlighted

Welcome @Learn-to-fly !
I cant relate to the cost of books because I'm a tafe and get loads of paper instead! But i can imagine the costs

Sounds like a lot of you are into Psych/Sociology for your subjects!!! But I'm sure most of you dread the M word... Math!!!!
Which leads us to our next question, knowing we have a variety of people on here that attend school, Uni, TAFE.

We'd like to know what year you'll be going into and what you'll be studying????

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Highlighted

@florenceforever  it doesn't hurt to test out different subjects to find what you like. I was doing a degree last year that I couldn't handle, so now I'm doing a bachelor of psych and a diploma of languages simply because I want to. If it takes a while to find something that fits, then just count it as experience and go on your way.

Highlighted

So as I kind of mentioned, I'm starting my first year of a Bachelor of Psychology and a Diploma of Languages (either French or Latin, I haven't decided yet). If I survive these and graduate, then I want to do law and move to Melbourne and live happily ever after!

Highlighted

We'd like to know what year you'll be going into and what you'll be studying????

I think I've said this before in a previous comment, but this year I'll be continuing on with my bachelor of psychology. I'm majoring in Psychology and Behavioural Science and minoring in Sociology. 

I absolutely love my degree. It is the best possible course for me and I have gotten so much out of it already.

Highlighted

I'll be going into my fourth (well, technically fifth) and final year of occupational therapy!!! I'm super excited!! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Hi everyone!  Just popping in late.

3rd year...radiation therapy student!  Scary stuff.