cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Back to skewl... to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

And yes @_sagira_  - I had noticed that too! It is interesting that everyone seems to be doing similar things!

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher  - WOOP WOOP! Hard work but so worth it!

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher woop woop!!

Yeah I have to study stat this semester.  Not looking foward to it at all!!!  I'll be on placement for the bulk of it, which means extra fun times.

Highlighted

Now we now what you love study (and wow you all study such a range of different interesting things!) we're going to move on to something different...

School can be tough/stressful sometimes or sometimes our personal lives can impact our studying.

- What things stress you out the most at school, TAFE or Uni?
- What can you do to decrease your stress?

- Who can you talk to if things become too stressful?

What year you'll be going into and what you'll be studying????

Bit of a different response from me as I'm not technically enrolled in anything at the moment. I'm currently studying to sit the GAMSAT exam in March to try and get into medicine though Smiley Happy

My brain is currently melting trying to cram as much SCIENCE(!) into it in as short a time as possible, as I'm coming from a non-science degree (psychology), my job hadn't been conducive to studying until now, and I'm an excellent procrastinator!

Highlighted

You all sounds like your super busy at the moment making plans for your year of studying!! From Bachelor of Arts, Sociology and Psychology, Primary education to Counseling! Looks like you all have a lot on your hands at the moment and in the futute  so that leads us to our next question....

School can be tough/stressful sometimes or sometimes our personal lives can impact our studying.

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Highlighted

Hey  @Fozzie, Thanks for joining us tonight Smiley Happy

Got to love "THE PROCRASTINATOR!!", I avoided the GAMSAT by studying a Cert in Aged Care and HACC to see if I liked the idea of being a Nurse eventually. It's certainly a tough crowd to be in!!

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Highlighted

@Fozzie  - goodluck for GAMSAT - my friend is studying for it too right now!

Getting the marks that I want and becoming way too easily overwhelmed.

I try my best to get out of my head. I often become stuck with my thoughts which makes everything worse. I listen to music, go for a run, talk it out with someone, write everything I'm thinking down, etc. Anything to get everything out of me.

I often talk to friends and peers who are very supportive. If I'm more stressed than usual, I talk to my psychologist and/or (usually both) my KHL counsellor

Highlighted

What things stress you out the most at school? I think... deadlines. But that stresses most people, right? 
What can you do to decrease your stress? Start assessments early and not leaving them to the last day

Who can you talk to if things become too stressful? The student support team and/or my professors (Small uni = get to chat to Prof. all the time)

Highlighted

Like I said earlier, for me, the most stressful thing is having to put effort in, and receiving marks/feedback. Its terrifying, not knowing if what I have put so much into was what the marker wanted. If it isn't, it makes me feel horrible.

To decrease my stress, I try to practice yoga and meditation when I can, or I'll sit and have a few minutes of mindfulness. If nothing works, then online window shopping is always useful!

If things get too much, I know I can talk to my mum and the staff at the uni, but I don't have a very good track record for that. Oops...