cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Back to skewl... to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

@unrealreality thats some awesome ways to relax and unwind! I've been listening to SmilingMind recently before I go to bed to help me clear everything out of my dusty brain

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Highlighted

@unrealreality  - I'm very much the same. I hate the period of time between handing in an assignment and waiting for my marks back. I'm always thinking about it and worrying about it! This year I want to work on not doing that, because there's no point worrying about something that I can't do anything about once I've handed it in! I want to focus on working really hard to hopefully eliminate that fear of *failure*

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher wrote:

What things stress you out the most at school? I think... deadlines. But that stresses most people, right? 

Definitely! Unfortunately I have a bad habit of leaving them to the last minute... I have a goal to change that this year. 

Highlighted

@Kirdybirdy 

I love SmilingMind! I often use it if I'm having trouble getting to sleep, since its so calming and nice.

Highlighted

TurnItIn also scares me. Silly, I know. But ugh. Nerves go crazy Smiley Sad

Highlighted

School can be tough/stressful sometimes or sometimes our personal lives can impact our studying.

- What things stress you out the most at school, TAFE or Uni?
- What can you do to decrease your stress?

- Who can you talk to if things become too stressful?

At uni the things that stress my out most are having lots of things due close together, group assignments, and orals. And GROUP ORALS!! They are the worst. I have a few of those coming up later in the year... Excitment Smiley Indifferent

Things I do/ can do to decrease my stress include exercise, listening to music, practising mindfulness, mutual venting/ problem-solving with friends, trying to plan my workload, limiting outside commitments and engaging in hobbies/ leisure activities.

My psychologist, my family, student support services, friends and lecturers (I am lucky have the most supportive lecturers).

Highlighted

Good for you @florenceforever ! You sound like you have an amazing support network going on for you!

Getting behind on my assessments and struggling to understand what I'm meant to do.

I started up a Facebook group for the students in my class to communicate our concerns, q's, etc and so far it's helped heaps to know others are in the same boat as me!
- Who can you talk to if things become too stressful?
Good ol Mum! Shes always there to talk to!

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Highlighted

@dreamcatcher wrote:

Who can you talk to if things become too stressful? The student support team and/or my professors (Small uni = get to chat to Prof. all the time)

+1. Gotta love small unis!

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher 

Turnitin is the stuff of nightmares!

Highlighted

School can be tough/stressful sometimes or sometimes our personal lives can impact our studying.

-being overwhelmed by the AMOUNT of work I have to do. 

-getting severly anxious because I feel like I can't get through it all

-ummm...for some reason I also have a lot of anxiety around being a people pleaser and wanting people to like me...so that adds to it with wanting to be friends with all my peers.  I've kind of tried to stop that. Will see what happens this year.

- getting rundown by all the stress that it increases my mental health issues, that I experience symptoms that make me sick...getting no sleep and then taking exams and not being about to focus and concentrate.  It all kind of compounds on top of itself. 

So yeah this is why I'm kind of freaking out about going back.
- I do yoga almost everyday. 

- meditation

-mindfulness

- journal

-paint

-draw

-play with my pet lizard

-garden

-make candles

-get crafty in general

-hang out with friends

- Who can you talk to if things become too stressful?-