cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to skewl... to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

What's your best tip for staying organised?

I AM THE LIST QUEEN. 

I seriously make lists for EVERYTHING, I kid you not.

@florenceforever Yes...I am an avid list maker as well.  And I like to plan a schedule for the day too.  It has to be realistic though and you need to mix it up.  Otherwise you get bored and sick of working on the same thing.

Highlighted

I LOVE lists!

@dreamcatcher 

ALL HAIL THE LIST QUEEN

Hoo hah hah

@unrealreality I certainly love my sleep too! And I know for sure if I havnt had enough sleep I'm often too zombified to even think of studying.

Staying organised for me is: Writing a memo on my phone a week before due date, Writing the memo in my diary, Having a huge year planned on my wall and writing everything I have to remember from birthdays to holidays (my fav timeof year) and due dates. I also write what unit im doing and what i need to take!
Most of all the night before class I check I have everything and usually re-read what I need to and tab the pages. My classmates think I'm a neat/organisation freak.
I also have a folio that bring with the last 3-5 units we have done with all the paper work in it. I often get asked in class what we had due or what paper work we needed to read, or asked for copies.

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

I like writing lists on expensive but gorgeous Kikki K stationary Smiley Wink

@florenceforever well maybe not hate...but envious.  Smiley Tongue

I am big fan of putting everything in my diary, classes, due dates, work, volunteer commitments... It helps me to see how much time I have each week and sort out what's most important. I can also then "back-manage" to help me meet deadlines (i.e. I will add in additional deadlines for myself like, 'start essay', 'research done by x date' and 'first draft done by x date').

I used lists to-do lists and constantly rewrote them at the start of each week. I also wrote down every TINY bit of homework I had to do, from highlighting to writing an essay! It got a bit overwhelming at times, but I knew exactly what I had to do. I also tried to keep my folders as neat as I could. I was a little bit of a perfectionist when it came to things being in the wrong place!

I think the best way to get organised and stay organised is to find a system that works for you and stick with it. I found if you try to change something that already works, it doesn't help any!!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hehe, yep @_sagira_ - my friends are often envious too!