cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to skewl... to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

@Bee  Welcome, thanks for joining us Smiley Very Happy

I think we all love out lists!!! LOOOVE THE LISTS!!!

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

What's your best tip for staying organised?

I think organisation is really hard to achieve, well for me anyway. I have an awful memory, so to stay organised I tend to write everything down in lists or on my phone so I don't forget. I also get really sidetracked very easily, because I have such an active mind. So I try and change up what I'm doing every 20 mins and not spend too much time on any one task, or if I need to spend a lot of time on one task I break it up into sections. So if I'm studying I might write for 20 mins, read for 20 mins then complete a question for 20 mins.

I find breaking it up really helps.

Another list fan here! Gotta love lists Smiley Very Happy

My best tip for staying organised is to have a diary. I've got a diary that the guild provides for free. And it is the best thing to have. Because it tells me:

• when I have a study break,
  • when there is a public holiday BUT if I have any classes I need to go to uni. >.<

And I also add in my diary when I have labs or tutorials to attend to, because for some of my units I attend those classes like every fornight or every three weeks. And it's helpful to write out when I have those classes so it's one less thing on my mind. 

And I also add in when my assignmnets are due. 

So having a diary is the best thing to have so you know what is happening tomorrow, next week and what plans you have made today. 

@unrealreality HOO HAH HAH!!!       (Finding Nemo fan right here)

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

@Jordo-RO wrote:

I think organisation is really hard to achieve, well for me anyway. I have an awful memory, so to stay organised I tend to write everything down in lists or on my phone so I don't forget. I also get really sidetracked very easily, because I have such an active mind. So I try and change up what I'm doing every 20 mins and not spend too much time on any one task, or if I need to spend a lot of time on one task I break it up into sections. So if I'm studying I might write for 20 mins, read for 20 mins then complete a question for 20 mins.

I find breaking it up really helps.

Me too! I get distracted so easily. I often jump between questions, assignments or subjects to keep myself interested.

Wow, some of you love lists. I agree it can be a great way to keep track of things...when I remember to follow it! 

More tips time! 

Sometimes when you're studying hard it can be difficult to stay motivated, especially if you aren't passionate about your topic. Give us your number one motivation tip!

Highlighted

Sometimes when you're studying hard it can be difficult to stay motivated, especially if you aren't passionate about your topic. Give us your number one motivation tip!

IT WILL END!!!!!

Give us your number one motivation tip!

This is a hard one! No one thing seems to work twice for me! A lot of very positive self talk always helps. As does becoming getting energised. I always feel motivated to do things after I've exercised or moved! If I don't feel like going for a walk/run, or don't have, then I go jump on my trampoline for 10 minutes, or until I'm motivated!!

Number 1 motivation tip: Remember that one day, all the hard work and stress will be worth it. And even if I don't get there, I can make myself and my family proud anyway.