cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to skewl... to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

@florenceforever wrote:

This year I don't want to get caught up in my own head about my grades. I'm constantly putting myself down, saying that what I do isn't good enough. I never acknowledge my hard work or achievements. I just focus on my flaws.

Me too florenceforever. I never think that what I do is good enough, even when I get a really good mark. I definitely need to improve my positive self talk! I find self-rewarding is a good strategy to combat that negative self talk too.

Woo! Glad I wasn't working tonight, this was a rad chat! See you next week. Smiley Happy

Goodnight everyone, and best wishes and good luck for all your study-bugging ahead. One day, you'll be able to look back and be proud of everything you have done along the way!

Mwah!

Highlighted

I know I'll be taking away some great tips with me tonight.

So thanks to everyone who was able to pop in for a chat and share their fears, loves and tricks that make studying just that little bit easier.

I've really enjoyed this convo.

Hope to see you all back here next week Smiley Happy

@florenceforever yes...good one!  Not getting caught in your own head!  I find CBT approaches help with breaking it all down and moving past it for me.  LIke writing down my thoughts...examining them and seeing if there is any justification and truth to them...and then what I can do about it.