cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] #BIWEEK - Awareness, acceptance and visbility!

On the other hand, visibility can be as big of an issue as stereotyping. Have you ever had to face people who thought your sexuality ‘didn’t exist’? Or do you know someone who has faced this?

ME! I'm not fully out of the closet, so to speak as I've only told 2 people IRL. And they basically told me that I'm only this way because of my abusive past or that I just haven't met the right person. I haven't told my family, but they know that I'm not really a sexual person as such.

But then again, I don't feel as though I need to come out of the closet, and I don't even identify as LGBT+ as I don't face the same problems and descrimination as you guys. I don't know if that is weird or not, but that is just how I feel.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Chessca_H @safari93 I don't go there anymore thankfully, but I still get it from my mum and a few other close minded people I hate how people use religion as an excuse to hate some one
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Have you ever had to face people who thought your sexuality ‘didn’t exist’? 

Luckily I don't run into this first hand too much, but have been told there can't be a speration between sexual and romantic orientation, so I've been told 'oh but how can you want to sleep with a guy but not date him?' I think there's a bit of negative attitudes towards sex outside of relationships at play here too, though.

@stonepixie whether and how you choose to come out it your decision, you need to do whats right for you Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@safari93 @Chessca_H Thank you ^^

And @redhead I'm actually really mind-blown that people can still believe things like this. I don't even know what I would do or say if someone tried to tell me that! 

@KitKat I remember explaining what pansexual is as well as gender-fluid to the head of the psychology unit of the service I use. Quite interesting watching him wrap his head around it.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie it sucks that people use your past as a way of 'explaining' your sexuality, but in the end its you that decides how you identify!

@Jaide897 that could definitely be the case! People still have traditional views about sex

@Ben-RO there was a published research article in one of many non-reputable journals saying that anything but heterosexual didn't exist because the earth's magnetic poles said so. Like's repel and opposites attract. Such garbage!

It seems like people are still stuck in the Stone Ages when it comes to sexuality! Is that actually the case, do you think?

Do you think people’s understanding of sexuality is changing?

@stonepixie what?? How does that make sense????