cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] #BIWEEK - Awareness, acceptance and visbility!

@KitKat definitely - there are words and descriptors now, so people can talk about these things, and that brings people out and into the conversation

@KitKat thats really true, I know there are a lot of different identities I thought about for ages but didn't really grasp until I knew the label for them

@safari93 It doesn't! It was the laughing stock of the whole entire science community.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie Ohhhhhh, I actually love that you brought up the topic of sexuality being criminalised! Decriminalisation is a massive, massive example of our changing attitudes to sexuality. It makes me so mad when I think about the places where it's still criminalised and the kind of punishments they take out on people ):

@stonepixie rightly so! It astounds me sometimes the kind of research that gets published!

Good to see so much positivity in these answers! Things might not be perfect, but they're getting better Smiley Happy

Have you ever opened up about your sexuality to someone else? How did it go? Or has someone else ever opened up about their sexuality to you?

this

THIS! @Ben-RO Not sure if the number is correct, but yeah!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey guys, just finished work! 

@KitKat Thanks!

Have you ever opened up about your sexuality to someone else? How did it go? Or has someone else ever opened up about their sexuality to you?

I have, but only when I feel it's relevant. I'm not about to shout my sexuality from the rooftops, but if it makes sense then I have no issue in stating it. When I first came out to myself though I spent a long time keeping it to myself, just so I could be sure of myself.

Other people have come out to me too, and honestly I can't say whether it's had a huge impact on my relationship with them across the board. A friend is a friend, regardless of sexuality