cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to school/study

Loving the variety we have here!
Highlighted

What are you studying this year? Are you excited about the subjects?

Well my degree is pretty general (and also pretentious at the same time):

Bachelor of Sciences (Honours), an Enhanced Program for High Achievers

..That basically means we're a whole bunch of smarty-pants kiddies who get an office and do extra stuff on top of a normal BSc, including doing research placements throughout the degree. 

I majored in Molecular biosciences, I love all the human medical stuff and genetics and whatnot. Small things biology.

This year my honours is set to be working on a really cool therapy for bowel cancer using bacteria and special genetic-y type molecules - which is pretty damn cool.

So I am at least excited about what I'll be doing this year, even if the nitty gritty stuff (assignments/the topics we still have to do during honours) will be less fun!

I should probably bow out now, considering I have an early start tomorrow (ugh). Thank you @OrangeOliver and @ruenhonx for a great session!!

I'm studying psychology and all my units are psych-related so this should be interesting. Hopefully, I'll develop more of a soft spot for statistics... 

I'm doing my honours in psychology. I am excited about running experiments to the first-years (because that used to be me!) At the same time I am nervous about the workload for this course.

@OrangeOliver - psychology is definitely always interesting.

Thanks for joining us @safari93 you are awesome Smiley Happy Have a great week.

@KitKat @Leethal

OMG I agree! My degree doesn't actually lead to anything in particular. It's super hard to explain, and the "what will you do with it" question is the worst!

(For the questions' sake)
Dip early childhood ed (allows me to work and run pre-school, long day care, family day care etc)
I'm not even sure what our subjects/units are this year! lol But I'm looking forward to some of the planning for the set up of our rooms, and finding our own planning style.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@ryvb3 I love psych honours and PhD students, because since I'm NOT a psych student they PAY me to be a lab rat Smiley Wink

That sounds awesome @Leethal !