cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to school/study

@OrangeOliver I tagged a post with #Nofutureplans, and it kinda just took a life of it's own! lol haha

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@KitKat people just like/need/seek answers, super annoying ! I kinda like not knowing, gives me something to look forward to!

@KitKat you can even do more than one thing, a lot of people have multiple careers over their lifetime with a single degree Smiley Happy

Wow so many people here are studying and are not sure about getting jobs that relate to their feild of study - thats why I love my apprenticeship its both. But yes I do understand they are not for everyone and not eveyr line of work has apprenticeships etc but it is so handy for me. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

My related goal would just be to get a start. Already have a bit of paid work lined up. Smiley Happy Which is good considering the new prerequisites are 6 months paid experience. Is it just me or is the workforce getting harder and harder to enter?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Bee ! That is the best thing ever!

@OrangeOliver haha so true that people need/seek answers. But I've found a lot of people who have asked me are just as unsure about what they want to do

Hahaha yes we literally did just make it up so feel free to join! @OrangeOliver Smiley Very Happy

Maybe we should make a #nofutureplans thread? I'm not sure how to make it productive though... Smiley Tongue

that explains my slacking off so well! @Leethal you just put feeling/thought into words! go you!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

What are your school/uni/study related goals this year?

1. FIRST CLASS HONOURS. Or at least H2A (next step down), but preferably first class Smiley Very Happy

2. What I'm working on will HOPEFULLY be enough to combine with what my supervisor has already done for a paper. That means I'd be an author on a legit scientific paper - WOO! (That's big news if I DO decide to continue with research or anything sciencey!)

3. Actually start assignments on time (hah, everyone says this every year.. but  the all-nighters are getting harder and harder) and put more effort into them and such. Probably required to achieve #1 unfortunately Smiley Wink

4. Be more organised with stuff - my lab notebooks in previous placements left a bit to be desired so I really need to bring things up to scratch this year haha.