cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to school/study

Sounds like me @j95 or I say that I will make notes and study outside of class, the fact that I'm writing notes in the weeks leading up to exams proved that was a lie. Hahaha

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Thanks @Leethal !! 

I dropped out of school in year 10 and somehow got into an electrical apprenticeship, I struggled so much with it all especially with the maths. None of the work made any sense and I felt so embarassed to ask for help, a lot of my friends in that course had finished VCE and knew heaps more then me. I ended up sitting down with my boss and a few beers and he helped me a few times. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

How do you stay organized and on top of things?

Half the time I don't, that's the problem!! Smiley Tongue

But what I do use?

STATIONERY!! Smiley Very Happy

Also I do love using things like google calendar (= phone calendar) and evernote (to write things down and get it off my mind) and all sorts of similar stuff. 

@OrangeOliver I use the calendar on my phone too! It helps a lot for those classes that only happen every two or three weeks.

So for a lot of us we have the right intention, but we aren't following through. Definitely something to look at for this year!

Ok guys on a very serious note, I don't understand the fascination or excitement for stationery lol is it just me?

@ryvb3 I use to hate the phone calandar but it's so good, plus I'm constantly on my phone, perfect!

@ruenhonx wrote:
Ok guys on a very serious note, I don't understand the fascination or excitement for stationery lol is it just me?

Whereas every time I walk into Officeworks (or similar), I have to try REALLY hard to not walk out with a whole bunch of colour-coded binders/books/whatever else I can get my hands on, having spent way more than I can afford! Smiley Tongue

What is not to love about getting new stationary, @ruenhonx ? For me, it is kind of like a fresh start and if you get super cute stuff it will freshen up your room and my influence you to study more.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@ruenhonx officeworks is my favourite shop in the entire world, I just love new pens, paper, books everything. Funnily enough though, none of the colourful decorated stuff, I like it keeping it simple (must be a man thing - bright and colourful too much for our little minds to cope with) 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//