cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to school/study

@Student94 Urgh Stats, a necessary evil.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@verity23 it's a lot more than just playing with kids.. a LOT more than I EXPECTED! Too much is placed on early ed services these days... I say, let kids be kids! lol
(it's funny you say that, because part of me doesn't feel like that...)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Leethal @KitKat I completely agree - a lot of people think that immediately after finishing a degree, you're supposed to be doing your dream job but getting that job takes a lot more work. In some ways it's a good thing otherwise, we might lose motivation to keep working hard.  

@Bee I could tell last year that I was putting WAY less effort into things than I like to (and just doing what I needed to) because I just could not be bothered anymore - I think partially from the 'not-sure-I-want-to-do-this' point as well as from the 'eugh-too-much-studying' point. I'm hoping that something different this year (honours) helps change that up a bit Smiley Happy

It's basically just a club for people in this thread who have no plans for what they are going to do after study lol @OrangeOliver so we know we're not alone Smiley Happy

@OrangeOliver Oh, mine was the same! I studied Criminology and Criminal Justice and no one seemed to really get what it lead to. Over the time of my degree I got asked if I was going to become a Police Officer, a lawyer, a forensic scientist, a criminal profiler and a counsellor. To this day even I'm not quite sure what the expected outcome is suppose to be, haha.

We have awesome variety here and you guys just love research and fixing which is cool, we need more people who want to help the environment Smiley Happy so 

What are your school/uni/study related goals this year?

@KitKat wrote:

What are you studying this year? Are you excited about the subjects?

For the first time in a long time I'm not studying anything this year! I'll be undertaking training for a new job which I'm really excited about, but no actual study. It's kind of refreshing being able to come home from work and not have to worry about assignments.

@Same @KitKat! So excited to have my free time back Smiley Happy

Haha did you guys make it up!?
I wanna join @delicatedreamer

I really wanted to study Criminology @KitKat I think it is sooo awesome but then I got scared. Haha my paranoia got the best of me.