cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Back to school/study

Have you missed school? Why/Why not?

I always miss my study when I'm not doing it, especially over the Christmas break because it's so long!! As some people have mentioned, I miss the routine, seeing friends and just having something to do with my time.

I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would, although I'm not sure if it's because I studied full-time for my entire degree without taking a break or because I spend most of these holidays working

Thanks @ delicatedreamer there's not real point in dropping it when I'm so close to finishing..
Part of my reasons was using it as a step into uni, but now I'm even second guessing that lol #nosoliddirectionrightnowlol #nofutureplans #seewhathappens

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@OrangeOliver Retaining more of what I study. I'm hoping to remember more from each semester by the end of the year Smiley Happy

I actually have. I think it's easier to miss uni than school because you have a longer break and you are most likely studying something you're interested in. Plus you have a lot more freedom in uni compared to school

I'm not sure what y'all are gonna do in your free time. ONE DAY.

I don't miss the uni itself, but I miss hanging about the uni, especially since it has my favourite bar ever! Actually, make that my second favourite bar.

I kind of miss learning all this wickedly cool stuff, but I do not miss the current course that I am still enrolled in.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I always USED to miss school heaps back in the day, mostly because of my friends. I think I haven't missed uni that much over these holidays for a few reasons.. Firstly, having gone straight from high school to uni I've essentially been studying constantly since I was 5 years old. That's approximately 3/4 of my life. Pretty sure it's well and truly time for a break! Secondly, last semester got pretty stressful for a number of reasons and so I'm not really sure how keen I am to go back to what I know WILL be a moderately stressful year :/

I have, however, missed it too in some ways I suppose. Not so much the friends, beacuse I see my friends more outside of uni than at uni now (I'm studying totally different stuff to everyone else Smiley Sad ), but a lot of the things I said I'm looking forward to would be reasons I have sort of missed it. 

I think knowing that this is the last year of this degree is definitely helpful!

@safari93 yeah I think working all holidays makes it start more work than what study is!

@OrangeOliver Absolutely! Being able to have some sort of routine and structure in life is something I miss about going to uni.