Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Beards, tattoos, barbershops & craft beers

@Troy Thanks for stopping by Smiley Very Happy Hope you enjoyed the chat
Highlighted

@j95 the social media thing is a good point. 

For example, most of the time i'm quite happy with how I look, but every time I see some pic on facebook of a bunch of massive ripped guys I feel a little inadequate! It's like a reflex kinda response. 

Highlighted

Society in general needs to stop expecting people to look and act a certain way. Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie but then how will the media make money if we are all happy with who we are? Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

Yes @stonepixie life would suck if we were all the same. 

That's what I try to remind myself everytime I realise that i'm comparing myself to someone else and feeling inadequate

Highlighted

And yet, I see massively ripped guys as a turn off.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

even when i go to gym or seeing ripped guys at footy my self confidence just goes out the window

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Again, awesome replies everyone Smiley Happy

Next question is:

How do you think the expectations of being a man are changing? Is this a good thing?
Highlighted

It has been said a few times, the whole beauty industry would go broke if we all decided to love our bodies just the way they are. @FItzChivalry

Highlighted

How do you think the expectations of being a man are changing? Is this a good thing?

I definitely think the expectations are heading into a more positive direction, although social media and mass media is doing it's best to stifle that positive progress!