cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Beards, tattoos, barbershops & craft beers

lol @j95 I can completely relate, but it's irrational that we feel that way! 

Highlighted

that's a powerful point @stonepixie

The beauty industry is masssssssiive. I can't even imagine how different things would be if we all began to appreciate our bodies the way we are. 

Highlighted

but the thing is people dont expect guys feel that way about themselves.... feeling inadequate or lacking in self confidence.. its just not on
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

@benjamin_ completely agree. I would looooove to see what the world would look like without the domination of the marketing, advertisement, and beauty industries!
Highlighted

How do you think the expectations of being a man are changing? Is this a good thing?

I've never really took note to social pressures, much. I can only answer based on what I have seen. I guess they are highlighting that more body types exist which is good, but at the same time, there is still this pressure look a certain way.

I like how men are no longer seen as the sole breadwinner of the house and that there are major campaigns underway saying that it is alright to talk about your feelings.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie

I really love how men are no longer seen as the breadwinner of the house too. I think we still have a long way to go but there has been some great progress. 

Highlighted

Yeah for sure, we hear a lot about how women are underpaid and under represented in the workforce, so it seems like there is a push to rectify this
Highlighted

next question!

6. It is often said that men are not able to express emotions as well as women, yet expressing inner emotions is often very healthy and helpful, so what are some ways we can break down this barrier?

I think one way is to do it yourself! You can start really small, and I’ve found that after opening up to some of my male friends, they became more comfortable doing the same. It's kinda like once one person lets their guard down and doesn't get judged, other people feel like they're in a safe environment to do the same

Highlighted

@benjamin_ In my experience this is the best way too! I think everybody wants to be open and honest, but the invisible barrier stops them. All it takes is for one person to break it down and the rest will follow Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Be the change you want to see in the world Smiley Happy