cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Beards, tattoos, barbershops & craft beers

@benjamin_ I agree
and an example would be tonight, once one person felt comfortable enough to let their guard down, it almost sent a message to everyone else thats it ok.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

I like that line @FItzChivalry!

Highlighted

@j95 I'm glad to hear you felt that way about tonight's GR! I couldn't agree more. We need more of this happening in our social circles!

Highlighted

@benjamin_ i meant at footy training but yeah I agree with that too!
Highlighted

It is often said that men are not able to express emotions as well as women, yet expressing inner emotions is often very healthy and helpful, so what are some ways we can break down this barrier?

I definitely feel out of my depths with this one. Hahaha. But then again I'm not one for expressing emotions out in public even though I am sensitve as f!

So this is just coming from what I have learnt from my psychologist. Don't try and hide the emotion, let it run though you, accept that it is there. If you cant do this in public for whatever reason, set some time in your day to just let all your emotions run through you.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@j95 that sounds really great, I hope they keep doing things like that at your club and all other clubs, gotta keep working to break that mould!
Highlighted

oh whoops @j95

I forgot about that! That must have been an awesome experience for you

Highlighted

@stonepixie so sitting with emotions rather than avoiding them or trying to make them go away? I've learnt that too.
Highlighted

That reminds me of my tafe class, @j95

Right at the beginning of the year, when we were all getting to know each other, one person opened up with their experience of things and then next thing you know, the whole class is opening up, guys included.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

That definitely helps me. Accepting myself for who I am was the most difficult but worthwhile thing I have done