cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Beards, tattoos, barbershops & craft beers

What are some techniques you can use to feel comfortable and confident about who you are?

This can be a really hard task! But I think finding positive people who accept you for who you are is a great way to value yourself and learn to accept yourself for who you are too, and can help you get to a place where you can accept yourself without external forces

What are some techniques you can use to feel comfortable and confident about who you are?

i think starting small makes it a bit easier. I slowly started to open up to a few of my best friends who I felt like I could really trust, and over time it began to feel more comfortable with other people. 

This also just came to mind (little irrelevant to the question) but i feel like male stereotypes and expectations are changing, in some ways. Take Mitch Clark, an AFL player for example... He openly suffers from a mental illness and so far I have only ever seen support for him, but 20 or 15 years ago, I don't things would be the same.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

also doing activities that you love (and are hopefully decent at) because that builds confidence!

@j95 that's a great point and I hope the support continues and allows other footy players (and people in general) open up

Ignore the haters! Call people out on their sexism.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

that's a really good point @j95

I also think it can be really powerful when people who are in the public eye are able to be open about mental health. It can be inspiring and motivating for some of us. I agree that things might not have been the same if this happened say 20 years ago.

@j95 as the great T. Swift once said... Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

true @copse

I find that spending time immersed in my hobbies always helps!

@FItzChivalry you didn't... did you? lol