Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Beards, tattoos, barbershops & craft beers

Welcome @Troy !

Thanks for joining

Hi @Troy ! Welcome to the chat tonight Smiley Happy

Okay guys, time to move on to the next question for tonight.

2. What, for you, is the most difficult male stereotype to accept?

Personally, I think that the most difficult stereotype is that we have to be tough and emotionally closed off. Men don’t cry. It took me a long time to come to terms with this growing up and i still struggle with it from time to time. 

Whats it mean to be a man?

Honestly, I dont even know anymore....theres so many different people on all differerent scales of masculinity and even femininity....and each to their own.

For me, I guess I think its more about if your successful on your own personal journey getting those things done that you want to achieve.

Im keen to listen to what you guys say, because i dont have a great answer for this one Smiley Tongue

Surprisngly, when I was growing up the males that I was friends with were very open about their feelings. I was mainly surrounded by guys in my friendship group and them opening up to me, made me feel comfortable in opening up to them. Its still the same story now with my guy friends. I think its because I have that personality and work/volunteer in the mental health field. Now, its becoming more widely spoken about. However, my dad and brother struggle to open up. My brother numbs his pain and barely speaks of it. Its great that my younger brother seeks a youth friendly service which really helps him. 

Erro! Totally out of my depths here, but I shall give it a go.

What do you think it means to be a man?

Just be yourself. There is no right or wrong way to be a man. Don't let society tell you who you have to be.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Troy I think that's a great point. It's a question that each person probably has their own answer to! And it's not black and white any more, there's quite a diverse spectrum that we all sit on and people are becoming much more attuned to that idea which is great

Hey @Troy!

That's a really hard question and I think it's really hard to describe what being a man is without falling into stereotypes that I don't even believe in.

I guess if you're talking about society, being a man means doing all the handiwork, construction jobs, getting paid more and being strong so you can be a good husband.

(Sorry have absolutely no clue)

@Troy

I know what you mean. It kinda seems like it's a bit blurry nowdays, but I agree with you about being successful on your own journey, whether you're a male or a female, that's all that should really matter I think!

What, for you, is the most difficult male stereotype to accept?

That men are meant to protect and look after the woman, like we can't (and shouldn't) do it ourselves.