cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

I found that not being able to afford a gym membership was a big deal when I moved out of home, but I've become better at doing workouts. But other than that, not really. Another thing I found useful to save money is to volunteer! So many vouchers and free meals. It is ridiculous! Not to mention, your life becomes enriched just a little bit more and you feel great about yourself. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

My pantry looked a bit like that too @florenceforever ! Lots of canned food.

On top of changing what I buy, I also try to change my eating habits. I try to moderate when I have snacks so I don't overeat and keep buying food that isn't good for me!

@florenceforever thats so good! such a great way to spread awareness

Im so looking forward to moving out but the price of everything seems pretty daughnting so its good to see it in a picture how much you can get for $10 if you need to !

I've found that with the gym too! I've found it quite liberating to come up with my own routines and workouts, using my own limited amount of equipment. Even just going for a run, as opposed to using a treadmill at the gym. @stonepixie 

@stonepixie yeah I discovered that too when volunteering at my uni!

I really did my research! It's very do-able though Smiley Happy Makes me feel a lot better about moving out. @hartley_ 

Yes eating well is true (mannn I am behind tonight) since working in a healthy vegan/vegetarian cafe I am learning to eat better and it makes my pockets smile
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@florenceforever yeah going for a run outside can be even more refreshing than being in a gym

Definitely @Student94

Just think of all those people stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to run on a stationary object. Hahaha. I hate people watching me anyway. I go for my runs at 5 in the morning. Don't know how I would cope in a gym setting.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ