cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

Do you find it hard to save money?

I think that it take a lot longer to save than it does to spend!

Once you have a certain amount saved it seems easier.. but if its just a few hundred and you get a bill or something its nearly all gone and its so disheartening!

I often have weeks and im like yeeee il be able to save heaps this week im not doing much

and then the next day i will go to dinner or see a friend or have to buy something i forgot about and bye bye money

@florenceforever you might have to come up with a bigger savings plan!

Also I think sometimes you lose motivation to save money when you think it won't be sufficient to pay for everything anyway, so you need to come up with a smarter plan

I try and put money away every week but then im like... ohh.. im getting paid in a few days so i can top it up then and jsut take out a liiiitttlee bit now... hahah so bad

Definitely! I'm going to have to be a lot harder on myself when buying 'luxury' items when I move out! @Student94 

Considering I have an online savings account that has had <$3 for the past year and a half, I'm going to have to say YES! Even when I don't spend all of my pay, I find myself spending it the next fortnight. Smiley Sad

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@florenceforever I think a lot of us set that goal for ourselves! How are you planning to avoid luxury items?

Probably just rationalise all my purchases as much as possible! Ask myself 'do I REALLY need this'. I tend to impusilvely buy things online and then regret it afterwards!

So we all hate paying bills and rent but sometimes when you are somewhere like uni, there is nothing but expensive options for lunch or when you realise summer is comming and you actually cant find a decent pair of shorts for like, under 50 bucks!?

So..   What do you hate spending money on but feel like you have to?

@Student94 it doesn't help with you are an Aunt to 5 kids! My parents understand when I can't afford to buy them presents, but kids are different.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ