cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

@stonepixie wow!

What do you hate spending money on but feel like you have to?

Medical bills is a huge one - I'm out of pocket $70 every time I see my psych - and that's after Medicare! Another big one is hairdresser appointments - $40 for a trim!? No thanks, but it always ends up that way. Phone bills are not fun either.

What do you hate spending money on but feel like you have to?

Clothes! I always find myself saying to myself that I don't need more clothes, but the reality is that I do. It is just ridiculous how much everything costs. I've tried op shopping, but find that the clothes in my size look older than my current clothes or they aren't my style at all.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@florenceforever I agree - bills of any kind aren't much fun.

I also dislike spending on junk food. I know I'll eat it but it's not doing me any good so it feels like a waste of money

Ahh @stonepixie  I can totally relate on both the clothes front and the having/wanting to buy present for neices/nephews/adorable kids I babysit Smiley Happy

@florenceforever I feel as though hairdressers charge excessive amounts for a basic necessity. :'(

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I spend a lot on clothes as well but I always try to buy during sale time or from outlets of the stores I love Smiley Happy

Yeah @stonepixie clothes that will last more than one wash are so expensive! even the "cheap" stores have shirts for like $30

(which is too much for mee!)

I find online shopping you can get some bargains but also it can be a gamble with sizes (just hope it fits you or one of your friends who is willing to buy you lunch for a new shirt or something haha)

I've been thinking about finding a new hairdresser, or going to like just cuts or somewhere, but I just love my hairdresser so much @stonepixie 

@stonepixie I agree! A basic trim can cost quite a lot