cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

@florenceforever i hateeee spending over $30 for a trim, especially when its a tiny tiny trim!

I got to salon express which is like just cuts and they are good! like $20

I think I need to start doing this @hartley_ !

@florenceforever Just cuts is $30, so it's better to stay with your hairdesser rather than having someone different cut your hair.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What do you hate spending money on but feel like you have to?

Definitely my car! Rego, service, insurance etc etc. I know it's for a good reason and that my car is essentially to my lifestyle, but it totally sucks to shell out such a huge lump sum in one go!

What do you hate spending money on but feel like you have to?

Hey guys im here!

Food - obviously its a need but I hatd it especially when im out and am so hungry!
I have no problem with haircuts - lucky me $15 no worries
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

This is why I've avoided getting a car @KitKat

Hey @j95

heyyy @KitKat 

uhh i agree

service/rego/license are so expensive and its such a big lump at a time for  something yo ucant see infront of you

And as for haircuts like you guys are talking about, I actually cut my own hair all the time! I'll go once every so often for a new style and then just maintain the style myself until I get a new style. If it's hard for me to do (like at the moment the back of my head is shaved) then I get my mum or boyfriend to do it for me. Totally can be stressful trusting someone (or yourself!) with that responsiblity, but totally love saving those extra dollars.

Alright next question!

I think we've all been talking about how much we spend so now it's time to discuss the ways we can save!

So, what are some ways you have found to save money?

I've heard that reducing the number of small coins or notes you have in your wallet helps. Like you're more likely to spend on something unnecessary if you have a $5 note as opposed to a $50 one.