cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

Car is so true, my just packed it in so I wont have to pay any longer, yay
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Coincidentally, my friend just messaged me saying she is starting a hairdressing course next year - and will need someone to practice on all of next year. I feel like my problem is solved! I may not like it though... Smiley Tongue 

What do you hate spending money on but feel like you have to?

Taking my dog to the vet. Got to love those Golden Retriever skin conditions... $100 every 2/3 months!

lanejane

hey @j95 !

I know, guys haircuts are so much cheaper!

I saw a sign the other day at a barber , something like $9 for a mens haircut

I was like hmmm... *invests in fake moustache

Hey @KitKat !

You're lucky that you have your mum or boyfriend cut your hair!

So, what are some ways you have found to save money?

Spotting out the person at Subway who looks the newest, because the new ones always forget that I have asked for avocado and that saves me a dollar at lunch time... hahaha

On a more serious note I save money by having an account which I transfer $30 into when I first get my pay. Then I can't spend it and don't really notice it's gone because it was like it was never there in the first place!

lanejane

Hey @lanejane I completely understand! I have a terrier who costs me quite a lot too

@lanejane heyyy! thanks for joining us

im sure your dog pays you back in cuddles and slobbery kisses though right!? hahaha

dog slobber kisses rich / money poor

buy black or gold haha!!

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Thrifting is the best discovery of my life. I have a massive wardrobe + a ridicioulous amount of shoes, most of it all from thrifting. It's an amazing feeling when people compliment your outfit / ask where you got it from and then have their minds blown when your outfit head-to-toe cost like $5. It's always extra amazing when you pick up more expensive brands too. Even though clothes out a 'necessity', they're something I enjoy a lot so it's great to be able to cut back a lot of money on them as compared to what I would be spending otherwise.