cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

So, what are some ways you have found to save money?

I do the putting a quarter of my pay into a big savings fund.

I use the library a lot - borrowing books and DVDs instead of buying them. I also use public transport all the time and try and restrict my phone usage - I have memorised all the places that have free Wi-Fi!

@j95's suggestion was actually a good one.. even if he was kidding haha.

home brand is thaaaaabomb.

especially for stuff like garbage bags and salt and pasta which you dont notice the difference really.

lanejane

I need to learn how to thrift! @KitKat teach me!!

I shop at Aldi. Hahaha. Then I use homebrand, but there are things that I would never use cheap stuff for, like toiletries. Sniff out bargins, often go to the '$2' stores to buy stuff that you can get there.

I'm also comfortable with my skin / face, so I'm not forking out for makeup all the time. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hahaha @hartley you could try it! Although might back fire when they shave your head or something
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@florenceforever Start out with the main charity stores (like Anglicare, Salvation Army, Vinnes etc). They tend to colourcode their items and will have special sale days! Salvation Army does a thing where one colour will be 50% off all week and a second colour will be greatly reduced from Mon - Wed (If the original price is $6 or less, you pay $1. If the original price is $15 or less, you pay $3). It seriously blew my mind. Then I save up my hard earned cash for my 'Must have' items (ie. a new party dress for a wedding or a to-die-for pair of shoes online). 

My mostly thrifted shoe collection from earlier this year. It's totally grown since then >_>

1901224_10151967135717322_981220192_n.jpg

@lanejane yeah I've learned to use the library too for magazines and fiction books

Black and gold/home brand can be better than brand stuff sometimes!

Just putting it out there: Homebrand Woolworths noodles are better than brand names!!!

Black and gold cheeze rings are amazing