cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Being happy, healthy…and thrifty

hey @tdagirim thanks for joining us

Yeah like you said, if you can buy lots of fresh stuff and cook in bulk and even freeze meals you can save heaps of money!

Its usually when you are out and you need food or something that things can get really annoying or I suppose if you havent got time and eat out

Speaking of which...

Have you found that saving money may leave you lacking in other areas like nutrition or general wellbeing?

I hate hate HATE the fact that you can get a massive take away greasy meal for like $5 - $10 but then sushi will cost $8 + !

I tend to plan my meals around the specials as well. Smiley Happy I pack my own lunches, walk to the shops and back. I also take advantage of all the discounts one can get as a student!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hi @tdagirim ! Welcome!

It's great that you can cook and buy fresh produce!

The aim of tonight's session is to figure ways to save and still take care of your other needs like health which you already seem to be doing!

@florenceforever I will keep this in mind for next time haha!

Not too long ago, I took full advantage of buy 2 for the price of 1 shoes on selected stock. I finally replaced my joggers and my falling apart converse (I used to live in them and nothing else, but getting better at changing it up)

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Have you found that saving money may leave you lacking in other areas like nutrition or general wellbeing?

I found definitely found whilst doing Live Below the Line that I lost the nutrional benefits. I was literally just eating white and empty carbs.

I'm going to try and remind myself of the importance of fruit and veg when I move out - luckily it can sometimes be sourced very cheaply!

wow @florenceforever ! Share some of those tips

@florenceforever I can totally get that yeah, except the thing with thrifiing is that not everything is second-hand. I buy a lot of shoes that have never been worn (still with tags) that have been donated. I'm guessing that they're either the wrong size, unwanted presents etc. Still, my favourite, favourite shoes are definitely the ones I've brought online! ASOS is my fremeny.

This was $10 worth of food when I did Live Below the Line this year!988464_10152436030407125_2838259785576059633_n.jpg

@hartley_ I completely agree. When I eat out I try to eat healthy but the food is always more expensive