cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

Body image is one of the major issues that we all face in different ways every day. Regardless of weight and height, it is always in our minds and we always want to be different or to want what other's have. Whether it's losing weight, gaining weight or having muscles we are always striving for what we think is better, to the point that it might break down our sense of self and bring down our self esteem

Health at Every Size (HAES) is a peaceful movement that acknowledges that it is very important to be healthy but that does not mean that a particular size cannot be healthy. It supports that people of all sizes can adopt healthy behaviours. 

selftalk

Accepting your body the way that it is, takes so much strength and power. Full acceptance means letting go of society's ideas of how we should be and also loving ourselves the way we are without comparison, and this is so hard to do. I'm sure if I asked you guys what do you want to change about yourself, you could write a long list without hesitation, but if I asked what do you love about your body, some of you might stop and think for a while. 

So what can we do about this? How can we love ourselves more and accept ourselves more every day? Come join us in this GR session, where we explore what it means to be Healthy at Every Size, and can we sign up to this and change our lives and our bodies and our minds forever?

haes

Before you come to the session, check this out for more information on HAES -  cant wait to have this chat on Monday 4th May at 8pm. 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

Happy Monday beautiful people. 

Welcome to tonight’s Getting Real session! Tonight we are talking about being healthy at every size and what that looks like. This session is about self-love and self-acceptance. Tonight florenceforever and I will be co-facilitating this chat and we really hope you enjoy it! 

Please remember to have a look at the community guidlines if you haven't already and keep them in mind as we chat tonight. If anything comes up for you during this sesh that makes you feel like you need to talk to someone please feel free to give our emergency help resources a go, which you can find on the top right hand corner of your page.

So to start us off 

How would you describe your attitude towards your body?

Hey guys! Looking forward to chatting with everyone tonight Smiley Happy

1. It’s been a pretty turbulent journey, and probably something I’ll be working through for the rest of my life. I had an incredibly poor body image during high school, however I’ve now come to a place where I’m more accepting of my body. I’m lucky enough to have a body that functions normally. It allows me to do anything I want to do.

Yeah @florenceforever it is good to read that you are accepting your body more but you are so right, it is a work in process for the rest of our lives.

Definitely Rue, it's a very long road!

I think my attitude towards my body depends on whether I am having a good day or a bad day. When I am having a bad day I have either a neutral or negative attitude towards my body.

Good Evening.

How would you describe your attitude towards your body?

It is definitely a love hate relationship. I abuse it a lot! But then I love it a lot! There are definitely some aspects of my body that I dislike but others that I absolutely love! Most of the time they balance each other out or lean more towards the like/love side. Very rare does my attitute make it to the dislike side as a whole.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yeah I'm the same Rue. My attitude changes almost daily. I seem do have a more positive body image when I've been exercising. Do you feel the same? 

I definitely agree with you @stonepixie. It's such a love/hate relationship. Are there things you notice in particular that make you love or hate your body? 

Welcome @stonepixie
Yes love and hate I totally agree with that. It sounds like you have a good balance.