cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

How would you describe your attitude towards your body?

Extremely, extremely poor.

I keep deleting and rewriting the following comments, but they all boil down to this being due to a mixture of things that are my fault (eg. eating habits) and things that are mostly out of my control (anti-depressants/mental illness, consistent state of injury). The result product has been a body that I dislike immensely, and now more than ever before is resistant to all my efforts to change it. So the self perpetuating cycle of hate continues and quite endlessly. 

And it is discouraging (and creates more self loathing) that I am trying very hard to create a self that I like (that I have been before) and it's simply not happening.

Honestly, this is 90% a weight issue with some considerance of my skin (which is perpetually uncooporative) and genetic and reversible if they ever let me have the drugs again hair loss condition. Because while I've now parroted on about things I'm not happy with, there are certainly physical features that I have that I enjoy.

It's a really strange place to be in now that I've written this down and can see it.

Yes @florenceforever I have the same thing, when I am eating healthy and exercising and my mental health is great then I am so positive and not even a little bit critical.

Hey all!
Been a while since I've joined in here, but sounds like an interesting topic.

How would you describe your attitude towards your body?

Meh, I'd probably say 'turbulent' as well. I had a really awesome attitude towards my body until I neared the end of high school, and from there it plumetted, and now I'm more at peace with my body however it is. Though I still feel negatively about it here and there. I think the difference is how you respond to negative thoughts - whether you choose to listen to the negative voice, or focus on the positives, like how amazing bodies are to get us around, pump blood, house our brains etc.

Hey @CeeGee
Well it is good that you wrote it down and I guess the first step is awareness. Being able to say the truth about you body image is important.

I hope this session will benefit you in some way tonight

Hate is such a strong word, I could never use it when describing myself. I used to think that I had huge pores but they aren't all that big. But I have never really been self conscious about them. The rest that I dislike can be changed via positive lifestyle choices. Got no-one else to blame but myself when it comes to that.

Despite the huge pore thing, I love how there are times when my face looks so smooth and one colour and I don't even wear foundation! I also love my legs, arms and definitely my eye colour. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey Ceegee

Sorry to hear that you've struggled with your body image. Hopefully tonight will give you some ideas on how you can be a bit more accepting of your body Smiley Happy 

I know it's a really tough journey, but it can get better

Hey @Georgie

Nice to see you back Smiley Happy
So true there, how you respond... it makes a difference doesn't it.

Gah! Whoa, sorry. Didn't mean to write that whole thing as a big giant quote. Sorry :/

I agree on the love/hate thing. There are some things I always like about my body, regardless of the day. But other attitudes can change almost daily.

Hey Georgie,

I think you've made a great point with how you respond to negative thoughts. Very interesting!

@stonepixie it is good that you can pin point what you love about yourself. I think we all have things that we may not really like about ourselves but its good to hear that there are things we LOVE about ourselves even more.