cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

Do you feel pressure for you body to look a certain way? If so, where does that pressure come from?

I feel there is all this added pressure to either be a stick or curvey. If you fall out of these 2 then there is some spandax to fix you up. You've got to have flawless skin, no shine. These pressures come from main stream media, womens magazines including 'health' ones. It's all about how to loose weight. What is wrong with these marketing people? Can we just sue them all for encouraging dangerous behaviours?

awesome shape

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@florenceforever

I did feel it from my mum as well and it forced me into going into dieting and all that. Looking back that was probably the worst choice. If I had said no to the pressure, I probably would have accepted my body a long time ago I think.

That's so true Georgie, it's like wherever you look there is an image of someone you can compare yourself to

So true @Georgie people care more about who you are as a person than what you body shape/size is.

I think that's so true CeeGee. I like to remind myself that no one is perfect, and that photoshop, angles, lighting and filters work wonders for people in the internet!

Haha AWESOME SHAPED... I love that @stonepixie

AWESOME image Stonepixie!!!

Highlighted

I think it can be tricky to equate being slimmer or losing weight with being happier.

I've had a lot of experience with that attitude. For me, being skinnier didn't make me happier, and so I kept trying to reach that unattainable happiness through weight loss.

I think the important thing about body image is to accept your body for the great thing it is, and not be under too many illusions that reaching an ideal body will fix all our problems.

I think it is awesome that celebs are posting the original photos to when they are photoshopped to appear skinner, toner and have flawless skin. Sending a really positive message out there for the world to see.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I definitely agree with you Georgie. It always seems like be skinnier will make you happier, but in reality that's not true. I've found that I've had some of my happiest parts of life whilst at my heaviest, and my lowest parts of my life at my smallest.