cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

Hey @j95 here is the perfect question for you so we can get a guys perspective. Smiley Happy Have fun!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @j95 great to have you even for a bit. Smiley Happy Hope you have a good week

More and more there seems to be pressure on guys to look a certain way - what are some of the pressures that you've noticed facing guys?

Feeling the need to be bulky, ripped, and appear strong and tough. You know, the standand gender sterotype.

That's so true stonepixie! My brother is obsessed with having the 'right' hairstyle and having clear skin - makes me realise that it's not just girls who go through this!

Definitely a huge stereotype Georgie!

@florenceforever wrote:

I'm doing what I love and getting fit from it! (And getting paid!)

BONUS!!!!!!!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

The effects of pop culture on guys is really underestimated and really easy to over look when you don't identify as such, which makes me sad because it's not good enough that they don't feel supported/feel like it's okay to be supported

I never really stopped properly til my guy started to feel the pressure to pull of the athletica look/lifestyle. It genuinely does make him feel inadequate and that's really just not okay

Yeah it's a pretty great job!

It really isn't Ceegee, I definitely agree with you. To be honest, I don't think I've given it as much thought and attention as it deserves.

You are so right @CeeGee it is definitely not okay and guys are always underestimated but they probably have it as bad or worse than women.