cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

I think it's definitely a very comforting and reassuring message Rue Smiley Happy Knowing that I'm generally quite a health and active person actually makes me think a lot less about the way I look as well!

That's so true CeeGee Smiley Happy Everyone is unique and special in their own ways.

Highlighted

What do you think about the concept of being ‘healthy at every size’ (that supports people in adopting health habits for the sake of health and well-being (rather than weight control)?

I think it is amazing! I love the concept and not everyone is a size 8 when they are fit as fit can be. I know a girl who is atleast 2 sizes bigger than me, yet she is more fit than I am. Weight control is so dangerous because there is so much at state. There is more to a person than a number on a scale and that number may be unrealistic for their body type. This is why I hate (Uh! I used  the word HATE!) the Biggest Loser so much!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Exactly FF less about the way you look and more about the person you are, as a whole. I love the movement

What do you think about the concept of being ‘healthy at every size’ (that supports people in adopting health habits for the sake of health and well-being (rather than weight control)?

It makes a lot of sense for sure - it's super important to place the emphasis on being healthy and happy rather than on weight.

I have heard some criticisms though based around the possibility that there may be some situations where health is not actually attainable without some weight loss. I guess we're talking about serious obesity here though. It's great to embrace our bodies no matter what size or shape, but we also need to be realistic about what a healthy body is defined by. Interesting to think about I guess.

Not to mention it sets unrealistic expectations for the viewers at home.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

The Biggest Loser is scary because losing weight at that rate and like that is scary and not healthy at all. I stopped watching it, I just couldnt get over how unsafe it was. @stonepixie

So true stonepixie. I know I'm a lot fitter and eat healthier than a lot of people I know who are smaller than me. In the long run I'm hopefully the one who will benefit because I try and take care of my body

I don't have a TV, but the whole concept of the biggest loser is very scary! Losing excessively large amounts of weight in small amounts of time is not good

Next up:

6. What are some healthy behaviours you do for your body?