cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Body image & health at every size!

I think they are some really insightful points CeeGee Smiley Happy 

So, with the media constantly telling us what we should look like, how is it possible to challenge such a powerful institution?

You can boycott, call it out for what it is, don't be afraid to let your feminist flag fly high. Find some good role models like J Law and Rebel Wilson. They both love their body for what it is. And I love, Love, LOVE how J Law stood up to the producers of HG and put her foot down on what she should look like. They thought Catnis should have been way skinnier with more bones showing, J showed whose boss and thought about all the young girls who would be watching the movie.

And I went out on a tangent, but yeah ...

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Funny you say that @CeeGee I actually stopped reading gossip mags and stuff. I am slowly trying to stop engaging with reality TV and all that.

Thanks for the Welcome's.Social media is a beast to be neutralized. However because of the shielding i developed a system of beleifs where in my mind everyone else was anorexic or dangerously sick and I was a normal healthy weight. But exposure to social media has helped me to balance out my sense of reality.

I definitely agree with you Stonepixie! There are some great A-list role models out there. Anna Kendrick recently refused to pose 'sexy' for pitch perfect 2 because she believed it would be uncharacteristic of her character in the movie.

Okay, next question guys Smiley Happy

8. What are your 3 favourite things about your body?

Rue I stopped reading gossip magazines ages ago. With the exception of the time I brought one and hung out with a mate of mine in which we bagged it out. Never really did like reality tv shows to begin with. But I do kind of like 'the block' and 'dance moms' is like my guilty pleasure. I only watch both shows because of the rooms and I love watching the girls dance.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

8. What are your three favourite things about your body?

1. My hair

2. My smile

3. My hips 

What are your 3 favourite things about your body? That is like the hardest question in the world to answer for some.

What are your 3 favourite things about your body?

May I refer all of you back to one of my earlier posts? Stuff that, too hard to look for it. Hahaha. My eyes, legs and arms. That is if we are talking about physical appearance. 

Dance Moms is really cute @stonepixie I used to love that show. Yeah I've stopped watching trashy reality (or atleast trying) haha you know women fighting and body being the central, I hate that but sometimes I cant help to watch it. Smiley Sad