cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Booty dancing and other ways to exercise when you hate exercise!

@FootyFan26

I like the idea of not being too intense about health, and not being a "health nut" I think doing "a little bit" of everything is actually enough to help a lot! 

2. We get surrounded by lots of images of people in the media who look a certain way and this seems to be called "fit". Do you think the definitions of "healthy" and "fit" are different? What are the differences between "healthy" and "fit" to you? 

Yep I think there's a big difference, I know I have sometimes gotten caught up in the idea of having a 6-pack which I think is the strange idea of being "fit" and it took me a while to learn that was different to the defintion of "healthy". 

I think "fit" is all about looking a certain way or being really awesome at a particular sport like running, cycling or swimming. 

Healthy is different because it also thinks about being happy and comfortable and enjoying life. I think there's a lot of "fit" people out there who are not very healthy Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Do you think the definitions of "healthy" and "fit" are different? What are the differences between "healthy" and "fit" to you? 

Healthy

• Better aging
  • longevity
  • No disease or illness
  • No to minimal pain
  • Lower stress

Fit

• Strong
  • Prepared for competitions
  • Better appearance
  • Flexible
  • Toned
Highlighted

For me being fit is being able to win at soccer and it's also being healthy, if i can't play defence then I'm not healthy. 

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 nice way of separating the two and definitely agree with that.

I agree with you all Health is more holistic whereas fitness is a bit more physically focused. 

We don't have to go to the gym to stay healthy, there are lots of other ways to be healthy! What's your favourite way to get healthier? 

Heya @Derpington! Welcome to tonight's chat Smiley Happy

Glad to hear that you love your sport!

Hm, the position you play out in the field is your way of finding out if you're healthy or not? 

Welcome @Derpington I used to love soccer, its a good way to stay healthy and fit

We don't have to go to the gym to stay healthy, there are lots of other ways to be healthy! What's your favourite way to get healthier? 

The biggest thing i do to stay healthy is just to get off my Butt every 20 minutes. Even if i just stand up and walk around and then sit back down again. 

The second biggest thing i do to stay healthy is to try and get enough sleep. It seems weird, but if i just get 8 hours sleep a night, and if i do that regularly, my brain is happy, i don't get sick as easily and I seem to have energy to do other things!

The third biggest thing i do to stay healthy is walk 10,000 steps a day and try and climb 10 stories on some stairs too, i am not sure if it actually helps, but i feel better on days like that, and seem to sleep a lot better too Smiley Happy 

The 4th biggest thing i do is drink lots of water Smiley Happy 

the 5th biggest thing i do is stuff i like to do that's active, I like Spearfishing, so i go and do that every weekend and I like riding my bike, so i ride my bike to work and to the shops instead of driving or catching the bus. 

I think it's interesting because exercise is actually a fair way down the list of things that keep me healthy!

Highlighted

For me it is dancing, when I dance I not only feel happy but I actually sweat and when I'm done I just feel more positive and uplifted. I also drink heaps of water and sleep like crazy and those are my favourite things Smiley Happy 

I enjoy playing AFL because not only is it physically intense but I find it relaxing and good for my mental health as well.  I also enjoy drumming because I can get tired in that too and it takes a lot of focus.

(Who knew getting thrown around around like a ragdoll and jumped on was relaxing!?)

afl tackle.jpg

Geez I love being at the bottom of those!  Smiley Very Happy