cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Booty dancing and other ways to exercise when you hate exercise!

Hahaha @FootyFan26 very interesting but I guess you would be so tired after that it would be relaxing? Never played footy, I think I would suck haha

1. What does being healthy mean to you?

Good evening all! Smiley Happy Being healthy to me means having a positive outlook and doing self-care each day.

2. We get surrounded by lots of images of people in the media who look a certain way and this seems to be called "fit". Do you think the definitions of "healthy" and "fit" are different? What are the differences between "healthy" and "fit" to you? 

Yes they are two differnt things but I still think they are pretty closely related. Like, if you are fit you must be pretty healthy or you won't keep up your stamina. So if you want to be fit, like cardio fit, then you have to eat healthy food and not McD's each day.

I 'd like to say that you can be healthy and you don't necessarily have fitness, but maybe that's wrong.

I would be cheating myself if  said, oh, I'm not sick and I eat vegies so I must be healthy, but I can't run a mile...I don't know, I dn't consider myself healthy if myphysical fitness if I'm puffing walking up stairs.. Just saying Smiley Happy

Besides, th images in the media are just one side and pressure people to standards that are impossible to attain for most of us.

Highlighted

@FootyFan26

I know how you feel! I used to play Winger in Union (which i totally admit is way less intense than AFL). I always got in trouble for running into Mauls Smiley Tongue 

Highlighted

@ruenhonx after the game is boring!

And I have to get off the high I get from playing footy which sucks even more. Trust me, anyone can play footy.

I've played with people who've never played footy before and would run away from the ball, at the end of the season they were looking like pros - or semi pros at least.
Highlighted

We don't have to go to the gym to stay healthy, there are lots of other ways to be healthy! What's your favourite way to get healthier? 

• Eating healthy!  - It's like half the battle Smiley Tongue
  • Finding out about strange yet awesome-sound stuff that I've like to try out: Aerial yoga, rock-climbing, trampolining, kayaking - there's so much neat stuff out there to try
  • Going for walks outdoors with friends

@Ben-RO I'm usually the one with the ball at the bottom!

Highlighted

Hey @9Bronte
I like that self care is important to you everyday. What kind of self care do yo practise in?

@9Bronte

WELCOME! 

Highlighted

We don't have to go to the gym to stay healthy, there are lots of other ways to be healthy! What's your favourite way to get healthier? 

Running, biking, walking, skateboarding, gymnastics.

Highlighted

Thanks for that. Self care has pulled me through every day. It's something I had to learn and it took a couple of years growngup getting the hang of it. I just watch what i eat, don't eat in front of the tv, have a shower each day, take time out to just sit on the verandah looking at the sky and trees, and not leting myself get too stressed. And not drink excessively when i'm out.