cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Booty dancing and other ways to exercise when you hate exercise!

@FootyFan26

Haha, that's why i have a crooked nose (that and like 4 years of full contact karate), totally get why you love it. You're making me want to have a go at AFL Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

It is awesome how physically active you guys all are.

Exercising can sometimes be seen as a chore. What tips do you have to get into the groove of things?

That is awesome @9Bronte nice way to be Smiley Happy

Hey @9Bronte! Welcome welcome Smiley Happy

Ooh, it's great that you've mentioned self-care. That's always one part of being and staying healthy - not always easy but worth it Smiley Very Happy

@9Bronte

I think it's cool that you have such strong self care skills! I feel like you have a few really cool things that you do every day? Is it easy to do that every day, like taking time to chill out on the verandah for e.g? I am not very good at making a routine out of it Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

You should def have a go at AFL @Ben-RO !!!!! I played in our local club years ago, and dated an AFL player for two years. I love all codes, but AFL has different strategy to Rugby. My dad hated it and allways criticsised Warwick cCapper, so that is why I went to try it to prove him wrong.

Highlighted

Exercising can sometimes be seen as a chore. What tips do you have to get into the groove of things?

• Mix it up a bit
  • Find something you enjoy
  • Listen to music
  • Take a scenic route to run instead of the treadmill facing the wall
  • Grab some mates to chill with
  • Encourage yourself with selftalk, quotes, etc.
  • Don't make it too comfortable and challenge yourself a bit -  don't make it too hard
Highlighted

I find that choosing an activity that you enjoy is the most important part. Whether that's a team sport or something really out there (like quidditch, roller derby, aerial acrobatics, etc.), it can give you a huge motivating boost to keep going! Doing it with friends is also a bonus too, since it makes you get off your butt and encourages commitment to exercise Smiley Happy

This is mylast question sorry! I just got the call to help out the fam, cos it's 9pm Cat Tongue

So...

We don't have to go to the gym to stay healthy, there are lots of other ways to be healthy! What's your favourite way to get healthier? 

Routine is definitely hard, @Ben-RO , but I gauge myself my stress levels and feel good hormones, so I just judge it from that. My fave way to get healthier is make a plan and to do list. If i don't make time for when i'm going to go do my sports, then the whole day is a shambles!

I love moving my body so I'm lucky I don't have real health issues.

Okay I gotta go! Bye and thanks!!

Highlighted

Definitely workout with music
Change up your workouts
Take a break
Dance Smiley Happy