cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Bullies in our Lives

1. What is your understanding of bullying?

i like what has already been said. i think it is important to acknowledge that bullies often have things going on in their lives, but it still doesnt make it right. bullying can come in many forms whether it be emotional, physical, and cyberbullying (and i think theres more but im having a mind blank!). To me Bullying is when someone/s make another individual feel inferior and worthless weather that be through hurtful name calling, physical violence, yelling and indimidating someone, rumour spreading and the list goes on!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @scared01! As @N1ghtW1ng has said no such thing as too late Smiley Happy We're happy to have you in the convo! 

How do you, personally, cope with bullies? What strategies do you use?

This is a really good question. I think personally I try to see it from their perspective and see why they are 'lashing out'. This makes me feel less like a victim. Otherwise it's important to surround yourself with good people who you trust and make you happy. If I'm being bullied then I try to avoid that person, or worse comes to worse I try to confront them. But to be honest I really don't like confrontation. 

2. Where can you find bullies? Do bullies from other places act differently?

bullies can be anywhere. online, at school, workplaces and unfortunatly it can even be in the home.
honestly i think some adults act like children when it comes to bullying so i really dont think theres much difference. often in the teenage years theres abit more physical violence though ive noticed.
Highlighted

How do you, personally, cope with bullies? What strategies do you use?

When I was little I didn’t really know what bullying was but I didn’t like what the bully did but I found it very hard to say no because I found this girl more “powerful” than me when really she wasn’t. If it’s at school you should tell a teacher because they can do some things to stop it like seperating you etc. but sometimes they can do nothing. Always tell your parents as hard as it is. They’ll always be way even if you can’t see it. If it gets bad you can actually tell the police for instance if they’re posting pictures of you on social media. Learn to try and say no, stand up to them maybe your friends might be brave enough to stand up for you.

Sorry this all over the place ahahaha.

3. How do you, personally, cope with bullies? What strategies do you use?

this one i still struggle with. sometimes ignoring and walking away helps, sometimes approcahing them and asking what is happening helps other times nothing really helps. unforunatley through school i had one or 2 physical fights because i was being bullied and had rumours spread around me and people started going at me so really it was self defence but usually come out worse due to me vs a group of people.
bullying really just needs to stop

Good points @scared01!
I agree @litgym, it can be really hard to say no or confront a bully when you perceive them to be more 'powerful' than you. It can be scary! Like you said it's so important to tell someone.

This brings us to the next question! 

What self-care strategies can you use to help yourself?

To answer this question I would say that I like to do something in my self-care plan like watching movies, tv shows or reading a book. To help take my mind off of things. I also find it really helpful to talk to someone about what's happening like a family member or friend.

What self-care strategies can you use to help yourself?

i guess that depends on the person but i think trying to do things that bring you joy and also some calmness in the chaos is the way to go whether that be reading a book, watching a movie, baking, sports, playing with pets, going for drives in the car, or simply sitting outside with a tea/coffee/hot chocolate.

@missep i like those ideas too