cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Bullies in our Lives

I totally agree @scared01
I really like your list of self-care tips! Especially playing with pets. It's so relaxing to play with a pet Smiley Happy

What self-care strategies can you use to help yourself?

It’s different for every person but do something you enjoy and to take your mind off the hurt. Stay of social media and read a book. Do something good for yourself Smiley Happy

awesome @litgym
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@litgym your answer made perfect sense Smiley Happy Learning to say no is an important skill, and not one that's always easy.

@scared01 it's hard when nothing really helps the situation. But both walking away and approaching them are both great strategies depending on the context Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

What self-care strategies can you use to help yourself?
I love all the things that everyone has suggested! Smiley Very Happy Doing something that I enjoy is always one of my favourites, although sometimes it can be hard to decide what thing I should enjoy, listening to music and coming on ReachOut to play some games and hang out (my favourite sections Cat LOL) are helpful to me.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Ah this has been a fantastic chat so far! We have one more question before we wrap up for tonight:

What are some things we can do if we or someone we know is being bullied?

I think that if I knew someone was being bullied I would ask them directly what's going on and what I could do to help them. Also maybe come up with some self-care tips together and figure out if the person feels comfortable enough to report it to someone. 

If I knew someone was being bullied I would be supportive and give them some tips on what to do. I would also ask and recommend that they report the bullying so it can be stopped Smiley Happy

I agree @litgym, I think it's so important to report it so it can be stopped or else no one would know it's even happening!

music and RO! of course! @N1ghtW1ng
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**