cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Coping with illness

Because being sick often involves some (unplanned/unwanted) downtime, what are your favourite ways to relax while you’re sick?

Watch movies and sci fi shows. Or just sleep.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Because being sick often involves some (unplanned/unwanted) downtime, what are your favourite ways to relax while you’re sick?

Binge on tv shows and movies. Have long relaxing baths.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie isn't a better way to chat then just use thread? just saying....im use to real time conversation ...and nt having to refresh the page all the time...and stuff

Also welcome to ReachOut!!! @lilbro 

@lilbro hello and welcome to ReachOut!
There are quite a few people here tonight and we are talking about being sick and some things we do to make ourselves feel better while we are sick. We do this by answering questions given to us by the mods, @SJG and @Chessca_H

I just get my harddrive, plug it in to the TV and lie on the couch with tissues or hankies close by, food and some water or juice.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Watch TV - it's the best distraction for me and requires a low investment of energy. I also like to do a bit of self care if I have the time/ motivation (e.g. have a bath, drink tea, make something nice/healthy to eat, sleep, practise mindfulness... etc.).

When im sick i have friends marathons, i actually never get sick of that show and it always cheers me up

@delicatedreamer awesome work with the self care, im pretty rubbish at it when im sick and just want someone to look after me! I should really try to eat better so i dont get sick again!

I found my throat lozenges! Cat Very Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@N1ghtW1ng definitely gotta make sure you've got your resources all there, its a pain to get up again once you're comfy! Smiley Tongue