cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Coping with illness

@lilbro we mainly use the threads so that the conversation is stored for people to read later on Smiley Happy

@stonepixie yay!!

@Chessca_H Yeah, I'm just too lazy to move when I'm sick. The only time I move is to use the bathroom, or get more food.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hey @lilbro, we don't use real time chat as we are an anonymous forum. Cat Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

It is really bad, but I usually don't eat when I am sick. Cat Frustrated 

I keep on forgetting to change the colour. Cat Mad

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Great replies everyone, so good to see you talking about self care!

Sickness (in both yourself and the people around you) can make you feel pretty down, so what do you think are the best ways to look after your mental health while coping with illness?

Yeah your apetite can dissapear when youre sick!! @stonepixie But i try to eat lots of oranges and kiwi fruits 

Sickness (in both yourself and the people around you) can make you feel pretty down, so what do you think are the best ways to look after your mental health while coping with illness?
If it's someone else who is sick. I know that being there for them is the most important thing. And to also not to make them feel guilty for needing you to help them.
If it's yourself, then remaining positive, or at least, not letting yourself be consumed by all those negative emotions, is very important. And making sure you have people near you to support you.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Just remind yourself that you are sick so you can't do things that you would normally do and that you are taking care of your body. Just remember to challenge all your negative thoughts. One can still practice mindfulness.

I like to remind myself that I'm ok and will get through it. I Facebook/message friends when I feel lonely. And make sure I eat well. And keep taking my medication.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Awesome ideas @N1ghtW1ng i think having people around me is the main thing that helps me when im sick, and the guilt thing is huge thats a great point!