cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Coping with illness

@redhead all good points, especially like the part about chocolate! Smiley Tongue

Lecture notes!! thats a great one!!! @delicatedreamer and chocolate is always a winner @redhead 

@Chessca_H chocolate solves everything. My mental health worker bought me chocolate today coz she knew I was sick Smiley Happy
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Sometimes when the people around us get sick, we need to take care of them. What do you think are the best ways of helping someone else out when they’re dealing with illness?

Ask them if there is anything that they need. It usually involves going to the supermarket and picking some things up for them.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

haha yeah i swear i turn into a taxi when my friends are sick @stonepixie 

Sometimes when the people around us get sick, we need to take care of them. What do you think are the best ways of helping someone else out when they’re dealing with illness?

Well right now my mum isn't doing so well and I just do whatever she asks of me because she doesn't need any more worry or stress to add to her pain. I guess you just need to be there for them and do what they need you to do to ease their pain.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

haha. I don't even own a car @SJG! But I'm pretty good with public transport.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

So i think we have established that being sick means staying in bed lots...  Unfortunately, life doesn’t stop when we get sick. What are some ways of coping with illness while trying to deal with other parts of your life?

Wow you are dedicated @stonepixie must be a good friend Smiley Happy

@SJG and also couches in front of the TV.

Unfortunately, life doesn’t stop when we get sick. What are some ways of coping with illness while trying to deal with other parts of your life?
First you have to make sure you are well enough to do anything and if so, limit what you do depending on how well you feel. Never over-do it. Make sure that whatever you are doing, when appropriate, mention to your superiors (ie managers and such) that you are under the weather and I'm sure they'll be understanding.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!