cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Dealing with Conflict

Hey @j95 thanks for joining in Smiley Happy
I agree with the way you explained that. Very true too difference of opinion and thoughts.

Hi @j95, good to have you! And that's an excellent point - just because things are different doesn't mean therew will always be conflict, it's from them not fitting together

Highlighted

@tsnyder

I think it's not always the cause, but can keep it going once it's started. Or make a small difference a big fight. 

Highlighted

@Derpington yeah definitely, like 'a mountain out of a mole-hill situation'

Okay, question 2:

2. Can you remember the last conflict you had? Tell us how you dealt with it

Highlighted

Yes very true @Derpington it can be like you havent done the dishes into a full blown argument and no communication.

Hey @Derpington@tsnyder @ruenhonx @j95!

Welcome! 

@J95 

I never reall thought about conflict within one's own self in the same way as i think about it between people. Hmmm really interesting way of seeing it. I like! 

@Derpington

Yeah I agree, I think it's hard to separate stress out from one situation to another. And then suddenly you might accidentally blow up at someone who probably didn't really deserve it! Oops...

Highlighted

2. Can you remember the last conflict you had? Tell us how you dealt with it

I had a pretty big disagreement with my running coach over an injury prognosis.  I tried to remain calm, listen and say my piece, and then I did my own thing.

Highlighted

Can you remember the last conflict you had? Tell us how you dealt with it

Oh the last one was probably with my cousin, I cant remember the most recent one but we always have arguments. I have dealt with them but just going quiet. If I cant sway someone's opinion or get them to understand mine then I feel there is no point. I honestly suck at conflict resolution sometimes.

@ruenhonx that's interesting! But I feel like if you both approach a conflict with that mindset then how will it be resolved?

Highlighted

The last big conflict i had was with my mum she told me I couldn't go to my girlfriends place because i didn't clean the kitchedn. I said I was going to go anyway. Then i went. Which i guess means i won.