cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Dealing with Conflict

2. Can you remember the last conflict you had? Tell us how you dealt with it?

The last conflict I had was between my thoughts. One part of me was saying to contact my Mum, another part was saying don't bother you'll get hurt.
But a different sort of conflict I had recently was between someone from work and I today. I felt pretty shit and I was trying really hard not to snap even more than I already had.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Very true @tsnyder I feel like quiet and separating oneself can give perspective. That's why I go quiet because I would rather not be rude but just keep it to myself

@Derpington that's an interesting way to look at it.  What do you think 'winning' a conflict looks like?

I got what i wanted

and also when I got into a little fight at footy on Saturday.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 how did you deal with the inner conflict?

Interesting @Derpington I've never looked at conflict as win or lose. I look at it as have I been understood or not. Interesting how different people view conflict.

A little fight @j95 yikes like physical?

@Derpington that's true, but what about your mother? To me, a conflict is best resolved when both parties can get some respect and closure, but obviously that isn't always possible!

@j95

I think it's cool that you can tell how you're feeling and how it impacts the way you think. If that makes sense? I don't think a lot of people can do that!

@Derpington

Well, that's one way of looking at it! But do you think maybe there's more to a conflict than getting what you want? 

@ruenhonx

It seems like conflict has to happen sometimes to make progress on an issue. Maybe some of us need to learn how to avoid conflict to get solutions but some people need to know when it's a necessity?Or can we solve everything without resorting to some form of conflict?