cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Different together: diversity

I used to sit with 6 people at my lunch table at high school. Two from Iraq who then lived in NZ before coming to Aus, One from Ghana (I think thats how you spell it), one from the philipines and one from Italy. For me that was a very enlightening experience. I and when I knew I over step the boundry I apologized and we moved on. 

I'm not really sure @Myvo I'm pretty stuck on that question
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Here's the next question guys!

When learning about people from many different backgrounds, what makes diversity so rewarding?

@Myvo it is a bit difficult considering there are so many services out there, but they may not provide for the people you are talking to. I find it hard to help people back in my hometown because I've never had to seek help there and it is next to impossible to get into the Dr's. Not to mention the receptionists are bitches and quick to judge. It is part of the reason why I haven't moved back home despite being able to do my current course there.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Elsie Acknowledging your mistakes, learning from them and apologising is a great step to take!

Sorry that went a bit Skewiff

@stonepixie Oh, I agree. Everyone's different with what they need and how they go about it too. And not every service is going to be an awesome hub of goodness and information either. I think that it's about the small things like checking up on people and saying hello, and being there to give a helping hand, that's important. Some people can help themselves, others can't. Some can help others, but not themselves. 

When learning about people from many different backgrounds, what makes diversity so rewarding?
I think the world would be dull and boring without diversity. It's what makes you you and others who they are. Learning about other pet can help you also learn about yourself
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@j95 Some people change their tone of voice when particularly anxious, like they get really cranky and irritable. For me, my voice tends to shake but that isnt much to scare people off and in other situations, it is written all over my face. But it just depends on how someone displays their anxiety

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

That we're not all the same. We offer our many skills, experiences, opinions, interests, and tastes to the society that we live in. I love getting to know new people and what their great passions are. Learning is an ongoing activity and it's never enough to think it's enough.